The Central Florida Improv Community Town Hall is a networking and resource event. We invite improvisors of all skill levels to join us for this Town Hall on which has been created to encourage growth, provide training, and receive insight into producing opportunities for our art form. The Town Hall will extend past library open hours on January 23rd from 6p.m. – 9p.m. Attendees must arrive before 7 PM in order to join.
Attendees will be provided headshots on a first come first serve basis.
Coaching Sessions – Improv troupes interested in a feedback coaching session must email Marko Torres at email@example.com to register their troupe up to the day before the Town Hall event.
- Katelyn Berrios
- Creator of Improvengers, the annual multi day improv show at Megacon.
- Mountain Improv Holiday Show in Mount Dora, FL
- Featured performer in A Knight to Be Major benefit show
- Melanie Leon
- Melanie Leon is an improvisor, actor, and writer in Orlando, Florida. She is the CEO of The Improv Network. She has toured the country with a comedy show and continues to travel to improvise and teach at festivals and theaters. Mel also coaches, uses improv at hospitals to help better train medical professionals, teaches applied improv to companies, does corporate events, and uses improv to help train difficult leadership topics for the US military. Locally, she performs, hosts, and teaches at different places, including SAK Comedy Lab and The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, performs with her own indie teams, and is a producer of the Orlando Fringe Festival. Her true passions in life are improv, animals, sugar, and travel.
- Katelyn Berrios
Games Session – A breakout jam session consisting of short form games. Lead by Andrew Bond & Mallory Ertel
Femprov – A workshop on creating a respectful and inclusive environment for women to thrive in improv comedy. Presented by Halley Spencer & Emily Broker
Panelist discussion & Q&A Session – Central Florida show producers speak on the creation of their shows, obstacles and successes. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and open discussions.
- Our Panelists
- Zane Ertel – The Corner Gallery Improv Show at Penguin Point
- Dylan Miller – The Comedy Chaser presented by Subject To Change
- Alex Streu – Nitro Theater
- Mat Gervia – Orlando Comedy Festival
- Gina Hunter – SAK Comedy Lab – Corporate Events and Sales Director