The Melrose Center Video Studio is fully equipped for recording your next project. Sharpen your visual storytelling with hands-on lighting, camera and audio classes. Deliver a compelling performance in a distraction-free sound reinforced studio. Focus on thematic details with two Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 Digital Cinema Cameras. Illuminate your message with a selection of professional lights including Kino Flo Tegra 4Bank and Kino Flo Diva-Lites for soft, diffused beauty lighting. Amplify dialogue with clear audio captured with a boom shotgun mic and wireless lavalier microphones. The Melrose Center Video Studio also features a pre-lit Green Screen and the capabilities to record a live multi-camera show to file or livestream via OBS Studio.
Sign up now for the free Melrose Center Video Studio Orientation to learn about training, equipment, policies, and procedures.
Orange County Library Cardholders who have completed a General Orientation for the Melrose Center, Video Studio Orientation and passed the Access Assessment for the Video Studio may book free four or six hour sessions, up to three reservations at a time. Call 407.835.7323 or visit our reservation listings to book.
Standard Equipment: Stage
- The Video Production Studio staging area measures 29’x21′ and features a separate windowed Control Room
- Two Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 Digital Cinema Cameras for a two-camera production.
- Tokina AT-X 24 – 70mm lens with geared follow focus
- Manfrotto Tripods with 504 fluid drag heads
- Lexar Professional 64GB CFast cards and readers
- Rode NTG-2 Shotgun Microphone, Boom Pole, and c-stand holder
- Sennheiser Evolution Wireless System with lavalier or handheld microphone
- iMac Pro with ability to read and write to Mac and PC formatted external hard drives.
- Kino Flo Tegra DMX 4Banks preset for illuminating Green Screen
- Kino Flo Diva-Lite 401 that provide soft, dimmable lighting
- Litepanels Sola 4 LED Fresnels
- C-stands and Flags
- Confirmation Monitor for live preview
Standard Equipment: Control Room
- Two Panasonic AW-HE120 Pan Tilt Zoom cameras with Full HD 3MOS sensors
- Panasonic Remote Camera Controller AW-RP50 for full camera pan tilt zoom operation
- ATEM 1 M/E Video Switcher with ATEM Software control to record multicamera live to H.264 files in 1080p.
- 3 iMac Pro computers networked to ATEM the with ability to read and write to Mac and PC formatted external hard drives.
- Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder for live streaming via OBS
- Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Mini for recording Ultra HD resolution up to 29.97 fps
- ETC Smart Fade 1248 Lighting Control Board for DMX lights